Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Returning

After being on hiatus for a couple of months, I am returning to my blog. For those of you who have been following my posts for awhile you know that I had a recent health scare around my heart, although thankfully I am well. I have been given a clean bill of health but for the past few months I have been questioning whether what I have to say, or whether my work matters in light of global climate change, the economic recession, people struggling just to survive every day, and the political insanity coming out of Washington. And I say yes! There is a place for art, beauty, love, poetry, and yes, our despair and our pain. We need more voices (yours too) holding a vision of what is possible while being present to what is also dying. It's acknowledging both the light and the dark of our times in order that we might envision a new way of being in relationship to each other and our world. That said, I intend to continue to shine a light on other artists who are engaging in what I consider to be holy work that brings forward art in service to the healing of our world, the Earth. Chris Jordan is one of those artists. His work on behalf of the albatross on the Midway Atoll is profoundly moving, inspiring, and beautiful. And I thank him for his vision. Here is a trailer for his documentary to be released in 2012.

For love of the EARTH!


No comments:

Post a Comment